Thursday, November 1, 2007

Paintings on buildings

I am pleasantly surprised at the many buildings in Prague with intricate traditional paintings on the exterior. I have not noticed this kind of decoration in Bratislava, but now I will have to look again when I return.

This is a bookstore on Václavské námestí at the corner of Vodičkova.












This is the Municipal House on Námestí Republiky.












This building is on Malostranské námestí, in front of a busy tram stop on the way up to the Prague Castle and across from St. Nicolas Church.











This is the Panna Maria Sněžná (Church of St. Mary of the Snows), in a courtyard just south of Národní and west of Václavské námestí.











ADDENDUM: 3 November: I have been so fascinated with this "artform," that I keep noticing more.

This one is on the east side of the Old Town Square.










This is the Hotel Metro, just north of the Municipal House.













NOTE: Click on any image in this blog to see it full-size.

No comments:

Google